Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Make-Believe



When I was little, I would play pretend where
I was the girlfriend of an old bank robber
Not old-old, but old school.
20's, 30's
(age inappropriate? nah...)
I'd know exactly where the money comes from
and I wouldn't care.
Cause I'd be wrapped up in
fine clothes
champagne
long cigarettes
jewels weighing heavily on my throat.
My man would love me passionately,
and if anyone so much as looked at me...
Snap.
And a bullet between the eyes.
Sometimes he'd get jealous,
but he'd always put up with it
cause he loved to watch me walk in those dresses.
In return -
I'd stay by his side forever.
Sitting in the passenger seat of his fabulous car
except when he was working
of course.
I'd never give him up to the cops.
We'd be famous, rich,
happy,
and in love.
Always in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment